21.4.14

Turmeric Face Mask & Tea Tree Oil Face Scrub│DIY


F or the past weeks I've been trying out home made face masks and scrubs, most of what I've tried out has worked for me. You know, nutmeg, egg whites, cinnamon, oatmeal... I really like doing some research on what the ingredients are good for and which benefits I'm getting from them. I'll try to post every single one I've done so far, let me start with these two: Tea Tree Oil Face Scrub & Turmeric Face Mask.


Above you can see the items I used, including the Origins Checks and Balances Face Wash, to start off with a clean face. Afterwards I applied the scrub, massaged it for a few minutes and then rinsed off. Finally I applied the Turmeric face mask and left it on for about half and hour. Though, 20 minutes is more that enough. 


Tea tree oil is known for its antiseptic, antifungal and antibiotic properties. It has many benefits from soothing itching and irritation from bug bites, skin infections and it even works against dandruff! It is also a natural remedy to cure pimples as it acts as a disinfectant and soothes the skin. I use this scrub to prevent breakouts and keep my skin clear, it leaves my skin feeling soft and exfoliated.  If I need a quick fix for a pimple I gently dab a tiny amount of tea tree oil directly on the afected area.

Here's what you'll need:

- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3-5 drops of tea tree oil

Once you've mixed all of the ingredients, gently scrub your face with the mixture for 5 minutes. Remember to do it gently as sugar may scratch your skin. 

Ingredients:

Sugar - acts as a gentle exfoliator without leaving residue that might clog pores, it has moisturizing properties that prevent skin from drying.
Honey - contains antibacterial properties, attracts moisture and is full of antioxidants.
Olive Oil - works as a cleanser, moisturizer and is full of vitamin A and vitamin E, these antioxidants help restore skin elasticity.
Tea Tree Oil - has powerful antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties.


To finish off right, there is the face mask. Turmeric is very popular amongst Indian brides, as they use it to brighten skin before their weddings. The spice is high in antioxidants that slow cell damage, has anti-inflammatory properties that help with acne, dry skin, psoriasis and eczema.

How to make your own turmeric face mask:

First mix the following ingredients

- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt (or milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey

Apply a thin layer of the mixture onto your face and leave it on until it dries (the thicker the paste/layer, the longer it will take to dry) Then rinse with lukewarm water and follow with a moisturizer. At first, it might seem like the yellow pigment won't come off your face, but don't panic. It will :)

Hope you have fun doing these! As a tip, I recommend doing a test on skin with the two main ingredients as sensitive skin may suffer from side effects.


Will you be trying this DIY facials?

4 comments:

Thank you for commenting! If you have any questions tweet me @judyveggies Please refrain from self promotion, spam or follow for follow comments, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips