13.11.12

Review: October 2012 Glossybox│USA

october glossybox 1

Hey lovelies! I apologize my review for October's Glossybox is super late! But better late than never, right? Last month's theme was SpaLuxe, with samples that were supposed to make you feel like you had a spa at home. If you're not familiar with Glossybox: is a monthly suscription service to get deluxe beauty samples delivered at your door for $21.00 each. If you want to sign up, click here.

october glossybox 2

There are 3 full size items in the box, just like in the September box. I must admit I wasn't as excited when I received it simply because I wasn't familiar with any of these brands. Except for Kryolan of course. And I wasn't too keen on getting another Kryolan for Glossybox product, but it turned out well. 

october glossybox 4
october glossybox 3

1. Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist ($.22.00 for 4. oz): A light spray suitable for all hair types. It contains indian gooseberry and organic bamboo that controls frizz. I have frizzy hair and though I've only used it once, i noticed it helped with the flyaways. I don't like the smell much because it reminds me of hair spray, that I never use. The sample is 0.85 oz, I think it's a pretty good size. This spray is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates and synthetic dyes.
2. Kryolan for Glossybox Blusher in Glossy Rosewood ($.9.00 for 2.5g): The texture of this blush is silky smooth and has a very good pigmentation. I also like the scent, it smells minty but sweet. I don't know if it's because of the loofa soap or by default. Even though I like this blusher, I would have preferred to get the Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle because it's more accurate with the theme.
3. Heartland Fragrances Exfoliating Loofa Soap in Peppermint ($.8.00 for 6 oz): This is my favourite item from the box, it's something I've been using everyday and my skin feels softer. The peppermint scent is glorious, I love it. The loofa is supposed to help with circulation as it exfoliates rough parts of the skin. I don't push it too hard against my skin because the loofa can be pretty hard and potentially scratch it. I recommend using it everyday on arms, feet and legs.
4. ModelCo Lip Duo Lipstick in Dusk and Lipgloss in Striptease ($.39.00 for .13 oz/0.7 fl.oz): This duo is described as an ultimate pairing lip colour, a flawless, long lasting lipstick and an intense beaming gloss. I never heard of this brand before, and it seems like something you could find at any drugstore, but that's just my perception. I like that it comes with a convenient mirror on one side. The lipstick is very smooth, like a creme formula. The shade is a bit darker than from what I'm used to wearing, but i still think it's a pretty shade. The lipgloss is very sheer nude with micro shimmer in it. I don't like the scent at all, it smells like candy; both textures are very nice and pigmented.
5. Nastassja Skin Enzyme Facial Peel ($.40.00 for 2 oz): A revolutionary facial peel infused with vitamins and nutrients. It exfoliates with papain, a naturally occurring enzyme in papaya and gently eliminates dead, dry skin cells. I have only used this peel once, so I haven't been able to tell if it improved my skin. It did looked clear after I rinsed it, but I'll keep you updated! 

october glossybox 6
From left to right: ModelCo Lipstick in Dusk, ModelCo Lipgloss in Striptease and Kryolan Blusher for Glossybox in Glossy Rosewood.

What did you got in your October Glossybox?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! If you have any questions tweet me @judyveggies Please refrain from self promotion, spam or follow for follow comments, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips